REGULATION EUROPEAN COMMUNITY 261/04
Information of passenger rights in case of denied boarding, cancellation and flight delayed.
REFERENCE RULES: Regulation (EC) n. 261/2004 of the European Parliament and the Council of February 11th 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long flights delay.
Denied boarding: the passenger is not boarded due to the overbooking.
Flight cancellation: when the flight is not operated.
Long flight delay: when the departure or the arrival of the aircraft is delaying its scheduled time.
The protections apply:
- an EU airport including Norway, Iceland and Switzerland
- an airport located in a third Country with a Community airport destination (including Norway, Iceland andSwitzerland), in case the airline that operates the flight is community-based and unless the benefits provided by local regulations (e.g. financial compensation, re-routing, assistance) have already been granted.
Passenger entitled to these forms of protection:
- holds an air ticket
- has a confirmed reservation
- is presented for acceptance in the manner and within the time indicated in writing by the Carrier, the tour operator or an authorised travel agent or, in case of no indication, no later than 45 minutes before the published departure time.
The protection is also provided in the event that the airline or tour operator moves the passenger from the booked flight to another flight, regardless of the reason.
Passenger not entitled to the protection:
- travelling free of charge or at a reduced fare not accessible, directly or indirectly, to the public (e.g.employees of airlines, travel agencies or tour operators)
- who are denied boarding for health or safety reasons orin case of invalid travel documents
How to make a complaint
Any complaints must first be submitted to the carrier which the Passenger has signed the contract of carriage with.
You can make a complaint by contacting the public relations office or directly online and filling the form and specifying the reason for your complaint: https://www.egoairways.com/en/ego/complaints
If no appropriate response is provided within six weeks, a complaint may be made to the ENAC website: https://www.enac.gov.it/en
(a)Financial compensation calculated on the basis of the route (intra-Community or international) and the distance travelled in km:
INTRACOMMUNITY FLIGHTS UP TO 1500 Km €250
INTRACOMMUNITY FLIGHTS over 1500 Km €400
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS shorter or equal to 1500 km €250
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS between 1500 Km and 3500 Km: €400
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS over 3500 Km: €600
The air carrier may reduce the amount of the compensation by 50% if re-routing results in a delay in arrival of no more than 2, 3 or 4 hours (based on the distance in kilometres) compared to the time of the flight originally booked.
(b)Final compensation is not due if the passenger has been informed of the cancellation:
- with at least two weeks notice;
- between two weeks and seven days before the date of departure and where an alternative flight is offered with departure no more than two hours before the original scheduled time and arrival at the final destination less than four hours after the original scheduled time;
- less than seven days before the departure date and if an alternative flight is offered with departure no more than one hour before the original scheduled time and arrival at the final destination less than two hour safter the original scheduled time
(c)The Passenger has the right to receive, free of charge, the following assistance:
- Meals and drinks in accordance with delayed period length
- Proper hotel accomodation
- Transport from the airport to the place of accomodation and vice versa
- Two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails
- Persons with reduced mobility and any persons accompanying them, as well as unaccompanied children, have the right of priority in receiving assistance.
(e) The financial compensation is due to the passenger according the typeof flight (intracommunity or International) and distance in km:
INTRA-COMMUNITY FLIGHTS up to 1500 km: At least 2 hours flight delay
INTRA-COMMUNITY FLIGHTS over 1500 km: At least 3 hours flight delay
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS up to 1500: At least 2 hours flight delay
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS between 1500 and 3500: At least 3 hours flight delay
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS over 3500 km: At least 4 hours flight delay
(d) Financial compensation is not due if the Carrier can prove that the flight cancellation was caused by exceptional circumstances (e.g. weather conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight, sudden safety deficiencies, strikes originating from outside the air carrier, eg. strike movements followed by air traffic controllers or airport personnel).
(f) The Carrier shall pay a refund (in cash, by electronic bank transfer, by bank deposits or cheques or, with the agreement signed by the passenger, by travel vouchers and/or other services) within seven days, based on the following table:
INTRA-COMMUNITY FLIGHTS up to 1500 Km refund 30% flight ticket price
INTRA-COMMUNITY FLIGHTS over 1500 Km refund 50% flight ticket price
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS up to 1500 Km refund 30% flight ticket price
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS between 1500 Km and 3500 Km refund 50% flight ticket price
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS over 3500 Km refund 75% flight ticket price